Dell Technologies announced the winners of the 2018 customer awards, which consisted of two categories: the Innovators category , an award given to customers who successfully realized a significant business impact from their innovative digital and IT transformation and the Trailblazers category , awarded to customers who are in the early stages of their journey . their innovative transformation journey.
A panel of Dell’s senior executives considered all nominations based on a number of criteria, and the winners were successful examples of forward-thinking companies that are demonstrating real progress in the areas of Digital Transformation, IT Transformation, Workforce Transformation and Security Transformation. These winners are working with Dell Technologies and their business groups including: Dell, Dell EMC, Pivotal, RSA, Secureworks, Virtustream and VMware to realize their digital future.
“All awards reflect the hard work across industries and regions using technology to accelerate success in today’s digital world,” said Karen Quintos, chief customer officer , Dell. “These leaders are not only realizing the digital future through technological innovation, but they are also creating great experiences for their employees, customers and communities. We are proud to be a strategic partner to these extraordinary customers and look forward to the sustainable impact we can make together through technological excellence.”
In the Innovator award category, the winners were Ford Motor Company, Bank Leumi, Aero Farms, and Johnson & Johnson.
- Ford Motor Company. Ford Motor Company to change the paradigm and re-imagining the future of transportation by automobile technologies that are connected (connected car) and the application of mobile FordPass. Working closely with Pivotal, Ford applies a startup and software development company mentality to democratize mobility and bring innovative solutions to market faster.
- AeroFarms. The mission of AeroFarms, a New Jersey-based company, is to transform the agricultural industry and show the world how to feed the growing global population while conserving finite natural resources. Working with Dell Technologies, the company uses data-driven information from IoT implementations to increase crop yields, save resources and enhance taste in their indoor vertical farming facilities.
- Johnson & Johnson. Johnson & Johnson (J&J) relies on the RSA Netwitness Suite as a core component of the cybersecurity fabric that supports the portfolio of J&J companies operating around the world. J&J has facilitated a change in perspective from traditional threat detection to business risk mitigation which is the most fundamental part of information technology and operations.
In the Trailblazer award category, the winners were Volvo Cars/Zenuity, Travelers, Unidad de Conocimiento and State Bank of India.
- Volvo Cars/Zenuity. Zenuity is a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Veoneer (as of 1 April Veoneer became a wholly owned subsidiary of Autoliv) which was established in early 2017 to develop software for autonomous driving functions and driver assistance systems . which can save lives. To manage unstructured data that grows very fast and meets the requirements of very strict government regulations, Volvo Cars and Zenuity are working with Dell EMC and Virtustream to implement end-to-end solutions – including storage, back up , servers., network and security – as a managed service, which aims to reduce operational risk and complexity while accelerating time to value .
- Travelers. Travelers, through a strategic partnership with Dell EMC, successfully implemented a company-wide IT transformation. Travelers are changing the IT economy and the way technology products and services are offered through standardization, simplification and automation. This collaboration creates significant capacity, more agile operational activities and increases funding for various digital business initiatives.
- Unidad de Conocimiento. Unidad de Conocimiento is a group of five companies employing 50,000 employees in Colombia and another 10,000 in other operational areas in Latin America. This organization, which includes Grupo Bancolombia, is motivated to equip its growing workforce with the latest PCs and laptops to increase productivity and efficiency. This group chose Dell to ensure that all employees – whether in the banking, health insurance, cement manufacturing or food processing industries – have the right tools for the right jobs and are supported by a wide range of services and support.
- State Bank of India. State Bank of India, India’s largest public sector bank, implemented a private converged cloud based on all-flash storage , data protection, services and VMware as part of its branch operations renewal. The bank also recently opened an innovation center to explore the integration of new technologies, such as blockchain , artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning .
On behalf of all award winners, Dell Technologies will donate US$2,500 to one of the following organizations selected by the following winners through Dell’s Legacy of Good program : Save the Children, Deaf Kids Code, Next Wave (via the Lonely Whale Foundation) and Beat Childhood Cancer.